Norvik Shipping & Logistics Ltd is the UK’s leading Infrastructure Logistics Company supporting the Civil Engineering industry in the provision of Shipping & Logistics services in the South East of England.
- A “hands on” provider of solutions to the diverse mix of customers they serve and currently active in a number of new projects and business areas that will develop and grow the business further over the next few years.
- They operate and run their own South East Coast 46 acre Port, Distribution and Handling facility into and from the River Crouch – Baltic Distribution Ltd – that employs around 35 personnel.
- The Port unloads, handles and distributes Timber and Steel for the UK market, specifically in the South East and M25 corridor.
- They have their own Ships’ agency businesses’ on the River Crouch (Crouch Shipping Agency) and in the South East - Thames/Medway area – (Norvik Shipping Agency).
Norvik Shipping & Logistics Ltd is the UK’s leading Ship Broker for the export of biomass from the West, South, South East and North East Coasts.
- Import timber from Scandinavia and the Baltics into the South East and West Coast UK and involved with the import of Steel from Black Sea, Iberia and the Baltics into their own port on the South East Coast UK.
- Extremely active in other 3rd party intra-European cargoes for a number of Shippers and Receivers across Europe.
Norvik Shipping’s innovative approach and focus on flexibility, reliability and customer service has seen them enjoy significant success, growth and diversification in their activities and operations over the last few years.
- In addition to their own ship, they deploy a number of other vessels (whether by Time Charter, Contracts of Affreightment or Spot Charters).
- Recruited and selected the best staff from within the sector and continue to expand in both business size and employee numbers.
- Currently collaborating in partnership on the Lee Tunnel Project, phase 1 of the replacement of London’s Victorian sewerage system for Thames Water through Principal Contractor MVB (a JV between Morgan Sindell, Vinci Grand Projects and Bachy Solenttache) for the shipping of circa 21,000 tonnes per week of Tunnel spoil from Thames Water’s Beckton jetty to Bam Nuttal’s Red Lion Wharf or Cory Environmental’s Mucking Landfill facility on the River Thames.
- Secured and deployed shallow drafted short sea vessels on Time Charter in addition to managing 3rd party logistics for their partners own motorised barges and tow & tug operations for areas where merchant vessels are unable to trade due to tide, depth and navigational constraints.
- Successful in winning the Crossrail Marine Transportation Project, which is for the movement of Tunnelling Spoil from three berths on the River Thames (Instone-River Lea, Barking and Northfleet) to Wallasea Island jetty (Burnham-on-Crouch) and/or Ridham Sea Terminals (on the Medway) and/or Port of Tilbury and/or Cold Harbour Jetty (Rainham) and/or Cory’s berth at Mucking (Stanford Le Hope). This project is predicted to handle circa five Million Tonnes over the next three to four years.